AfaSci Therapeutics Inc.
Clinical Stage Non-opioid Pain Therapeutics Seeking Partnership and Series A Fundraising
AfaSci Therapeutics is a clinical stage startup focusing on the innovation in CNS drug discovery using cellular and neurobehavioral phenotypic assays.
AfaSci, Inc. is a clinical stage, San Francisco Bay Area-based biopharma startup that discovers and develops peptide and small molecule therapies for unmet needs in the fields of pain and neurology. The company’s current focus has been on developing three therapeutic candidates for the treatment of neuropathic pain and neuroinflammatory pain. These debilitating conditions affect millions of people in the United States and 7-8% of adults worldwide. AfaSci’s therapeutic candidates are competitively differentiated as novel non-opioid and non-steroidal analgesics. The company also has a drug discovery pipeline focused on Alzheimer’s disease, epilepsy, essential tremor, and sleep disorders. AfaSci’s approach features several competitive advantages:
1) AFA-102, a novel dual mechanism of action for the treatment of neuropathic pain has gained IND approval
2) Two therapeutic candidates for neuropathic and neuroinflammatory pain are ready for IND-enabling studies.
3) All pre-clinical research has been reviewed and supported by NIH grants, and validated across multiple peer-reviewed publications.
4) AfaSci has active collaborations with academic institutions including Stanford University, Harvard University, UCLA, UC Davis, and Kansas State University.
5) The company leverages a proprietary drug discovery platform for more effective target identification and efficient animal testing, in vivo pharmacology, and electrophysiology studies.
AfaSci is now looking to accelerate clinical studies for its pain therapeutic candidate, and seeking opportunities with potential investors and business partners.
Looking for licensing partnership
November 9, 2023
Nov. 12th, 2022
The BioPacific Conference is the annual flagship event of the CABS. Our mission is to bring scientists, executives, and bio-pharmaceutical professionals from the Pacific Rim countries together to discuss the latest advances in the world of life sciences, the unprecedented challenges and promises facing the industry, and the breath-taking developments and opportunities in Asia/Pacific countries