BGI Americas Corporation
Mass Spec Project Manager
Job Title: Mass-Spec Project Manager
Reports To: Guanghui Han (Senior Director of San Jose Mass Spectrometry Center)
Department: San Jose Mass Spectrometry Center
Location: San Jose, California, USA.
The San Jose Mass Spectrometry Center, BGI Americas, is accepting applications for a full-time manager to manage the Mass Spectrometry projects. This is a full-time and fully benefited position with competitive salary. The Project Manager are working to efficiently handle all the aspects of the MS project, has the overall responsibility for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of Mass Spectrometry projects, including but not limited on defining cost, time, scope and quality, ensuring client satisfaction.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsibilities including taking a project from initiation through completion
- Prioritizing of the Mass Spectrometry projects
- Align projects and programs with BGIA San Jose MS lab strategy
- Oversight of specifying the quality of the deliverables
- Oversight of resource estimate
- Oversight of Investment, corporate agreement and funding
- Oversight of risk assessments and change in the project
- Implementation of management plan on to the project
- Planning for and identifying required procurements
- Working with lab manager and technicians on new products and new workflow development, including trouble shooting, products validation, update of Quality Manual and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) et al.
- Candidates must have a Ph.D. in chemistry, no post-graduation experience required, or an M.S. with at least five years of post-graduation experience
- Must have experience and strong knowledge of MS instrumentation
- 3+ years lab experience using HPLC and Mass Spectrometry
- 1+ years experience managing projects/employees in a laboratory setting
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization and management skills
- Experience writing SOPs and method validation procedures
BGI Americas Corporation is the leading provider of genomics and proteomics services in the Americas Region as part of BGI Genomics, a public company listed on the Shenzhen Stock Exchange. Established in 2010, BGI Americas has grown to include presence in Boston and San Jose, serving a wide range of customers in genetics research, drug R&D and diagnostics. We have almost 20 years of genomics experience helping our customers achieve their research goals by delivering rapid, high quality results using a broad array of cost-effective, cutting-edge technologies, including our own innovative DNBseq™ sequencing technology. We are committed to advancing genetic research, technologies and applications to benefit the mankind.
If you feel your skills and experience meet the requirements of the job please forward a cover letter and CV to the following email: email@example.com
December 31, 2023
2904 Orchard Parkway, San Jose 95112
Nov. 12th, 2022
The BioPacific Conference is the annual flagship event of the CABS. Our mission is to bring scientists, executives, and bio-pharmaceutical professionals from the Pacific Rim countries together to discuss the latest advances in the world of life sciences, the unprecedented challenges and promises facing the industry, and the breath-taking developments and opportunities in Asia/Pacific countries