Enigma Search Solutions
Director / Sr. Director Toxicology & Pharmacology
Enigma Search Solutions is supporting a client in the San Francisco Bay Area to hire a Director, Toxicology and Pharmacology.
SUMMARY: The Director, Toxicology and Pharmacology will develop and implement Toxicology strategies and build infrastructure to support discovery and development programs using internal resources. The role will involve the development and implementation of strategic approaches to halt pathogenic protein formation, exploring the MOAs, and supervise the timely generation of high-quality data to drive programs forward with scientific excellence and urgency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build a Toxicology / Pharmacology program to ensure delivery of high quality data packages in support of target validation through to regulatory filings.
- Conduct target safety assessments for early therapeutic targets, and work closely with laboratories in the Institutes of Science to understand and derisk the safety of targets early on.
- Plan and execute in vitro safety screens to lead optimize small and large molecules.
- Work closely with CROs to coordinate and manage external toxicology studies.
- Represent Toxicology in multifunctional discovery and early development project teams.
- Effective cross-functional collaboration, especially with Institutes of Science, Pharmacology and DMPK, in the optimization of drug leads and candidates.
- Contribute to the cross-functional review of regulatory documents and author and review Toxicology sections for relevant regulatory documents.
- Recommend, initiate, lead and champion new innovations to ensure relevant cutting-edge science is applied to project related issues.
- Create and foster strong partnerships with regulatory agencies.
- Contributes to a team culture that promotes continuous improvement, ownership, professional growth, and inclusion.
- PhD in Toxicology, Pharmacology, tumor biology, cell biology, or a related scientific field and a minimum of ten years of relevant industry experience in oncology drug discovery; or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Board Certified Toxicologist is a plus.
- GLP & Non-GLP Toxicology Experience.
- IND Filing experience, working with Regulatory Agencies in the past is a must.
- Oncology Drug Discovery Experience.
- Deep expertise in Discovery Toxicology, with demonstrated ability to work effectively with early research teams.
- Strong scientific aptitude and ability to implement investigative strategies to elucidate mechanisms of toxicity.
- Demonstrated ability to build, manage and lead groups responsible for supporting Toxicology deliverables in a team setting.
- Demonstrated understanding and established level of expertise employing preclinical models.
- Experience with small molecule safety lead optimization and investigative toxicology efforts
- Strong knowledge and agility in study design and data interpretation and in the integration of Toxicology studies in the drug progression paradigm, as well as in the incorporation of safety endpoints in pharmacology studies.
- Clear and influential communicator: exceptional influencing skills that demonstrate strong thought partnership and create effective relationships with internal and external groups and individuals
June 29, 2024
South San Francisco, CA
Nov. 12th, 2022
The BioPacific Conference is the annual flagship event of the CABS. Our mission is to bring scientists, executives, and bio-pharmaceutical professionals from the Pacific Rim countries together to discuss the latest advances in the world of life sciences, the unprecedented challenges and promises facing the industry, and the breath-taking developments and opportunities in Asia/Pacific countries