Pharmaron (US) Clinical Services
(Senior) Account Manager of Business Development (Maryland/New Jersey)
The (Senior) Account manager of Business Development will manage existing business accounts through the development and maintenance of positive client relationships. The (Senior) Account Manager will be assisting the Vice President of Business Development with all opportunity follow-ups and organization as needed from early funnel development. As well as facilitating initial conversations to continue developing team-wide best practices.
The (Senior) Account Manager will be an integral member of our Business Development team. The (Senior) Account Manager will be working closely with different departments to ensure that organizational goals are met. The Senior Account Manager will be working as a liaise and manage the Pharmaron Operations and Business Development team relationship, following up on any outstanding and pending items related to new or ongoing work. Working collaboratively with other departments to ensure internal and external alignment of materials, deliverables, and expectations are also essential to the role.
EEO-1 Job Classification
Competency (knowledge, skills, and abilities)
· Provide deliverable updates to clients as agreed upon or needed. Assist with client presentations as needed/requested.
· Directs/coordinates technical, financial and/or operational aspects of the projects to ensure project deliverables meet stakeholder time/quality/cost expectations, ensure successful design, implementation, tracking and revision of project plans and management.
· Develop and expand existing relationships to help BD in achieving sales goals.
· Provide support when required in different studies assigned to other colleagues within the Business Development team.
· Supporting specific day-to-day tasks to support the Business Development and line management in maintaining key Business Development tools and CRM systems, including company presentations and technical flyers, etc.
· Strategize with team members to innovate and improve the sales process.
· Strong work ethic with confidence to work autonomously
· Highly motivated to succeed both individually and with a fast-growing company
· Take ownership of a significant client account and play a key role in delivering a variety of projects, whilst ensuring excellent client service
· Provide insightful strategy and commercial advice aligned to your client’s goals
· Find new and innovative ways to develop and maximize your accounts
· Work collaboratively with the wider team to contribute to business development and delivery
· Oversee management and financial forecasting across your accounts
· Can demonstrate experience of successfully managing and/or leading multidisciplinary project teams
· Experience using project management software
· Knowledge of drug development process and client needs, CRO experience required
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain rapport with any client
· Adaptable and motivated with a goal of excellence and growth
· Creative problem solver and dedicated to solutions
· Extremely proficient in multi-tasking while paying attention to detail
Work Environment/ Location
The following conditions pertain to the working environment for this position:
· The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions; works in a temperature-controlled environment.
· Maryland or New Jersey
The following conditions pertain to the physical demands of this position:
1. The physical activity of this position.
· Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
· Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
· Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
2. The physical requirements of this position.
· Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
3. The visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception, and field vision.
· The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
Position type and expected hours of work
Full-Time – 40+ hours per week
Required Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in a life science discipline with at least 3 years of related experience.
· At least 5 years’ experience in a service provider’s role within a B2B setting.
Preferred Education and Experience
· Experience selling into biopharmaceutical, and large pharmaceutical accounts
· A proven track record in developing and managing client accounts
· Experience managing project-based relationships (preferred)
· Experience using project management software
Additional Eligibility Qualifications (certifications or licenses)
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
October 23, 2023
Maryland or New Jersey
Nov. 12th, 2022
The BioPacific Conference is the annual flagship event of the CABS. Our mission is to bring scientists, executives, and bio-pharmaceutical professionals from the Pacific Rim countries together to discuss the latest advances in the world of life sciences, the unprecedented challenges and promises facing the industry, and the breath-taking developments and opportunities in Asia/Pacific countries