BGI Americas Corporation
Mass Spec Field Application Scientist
Title: Field Application Scientist for Mass Spec Services
The Field Application Scientist (FAS) will provide technical support and education to new and existing customers of our Mass Specservice portfolio. The FAS will serve as the scientific/technical expert and partner with commercial teams to best support our academic and industry customers in the Americas region.
Job Location: San Jose, CA
- Understand and maintain current knowledge of the company's products and services. Keep informed on technological developments, market competition, policies, and regulation, etc., in the Mass Spec based Proteomics/Metabolomics space. Be well versed in Mass Spec tools and applications in the academic research, drug R&D, diagnostic and other industrial applications.
- Provide expert knowledge of services and applications to customers. Provide consultative scientific support, e.g. assisting with experimental design, workflow optimization, etc. Coordinate with Sales and Business Development teams to accelerate the sales process and secure contract executions.
- Work with customers, product, and project teams to design and execute important pilot studies. Perform protocol evaluation, data analysis to ensure that deliverables and workflows are aligned with customer expectation. Support sales and Business Development teams to secure important projects and collaborations.
- Provide post-sales technical support, address customers inquiries on data deliverables, and perform troubleshooting, identify root cause and corrective actions to address customer concerns.
- Provide training and education to commercial teams in the Americas region. Work with management team to ensure that the Sales and Business Development teams fully understand BGI’s service strengths and can effectively communicate product features and values to the customers.
- Develop customer-facing seminars and presentations for the Sales and Business Development teams and participate in the training for new sales employees and ongoing training of the sales and support teams.
- Attend national and regional conferences, trade shows and corporate meetings as scheduled. Work with product and marketing teams to monitor technology trends and competitive intelligence.
- Assist product and marketing teams to develop/review scientific content for tech notes, service overviews, newsletters, web content, FAQs, etc. Provide technical recommendation to product management team to help optimize and improve product portfolio.
- Assist product management team to evaluate and execute co-development and co-marketing collaborations with partners in the Americas region. Coordinate execution of project workflows that involves US partners through such collaborations.
- Perform technical assessment on emerging technologies and products and make recommendations to enhance company’s product portfolio.
- Minimum MS in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics or equivalent science degree. PhD preferred.
- Advanced theoretical and practical knowledge of mass-spec technologies and Proteomics/Metabolomics analysis. Demonstrated experience and knowledge of bioinformatics strongly preferred.
- Wet lab experience in Proteomics and Metabolomics is preferred.
- Strong understanding of the market and customer needs within the multi-Omics industry.
- Willingness to travel between 25 % – 50% of the time.
- Excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills.
- Require American citizenship, permanent residency or working permit in US.
BGI Americas Corporation is the leading provider of genomics and proteomics services in the Americas Region as part of BGI Genomics, a public company listed on the Shenzhen Stock Exchange. Established in 2010, BGI Americas has grown to include presence in Boston and San Jose, serving a wide range of customers in genetics research, drug R&D and diagnostics. We have more than 20 years of genomics experience helping our customers achieve their research goals by delivering rapid, high quality results using a broad array of cost-effective, cutting-edge technologies, including our own innovative DNBseq™ sequencing technology. BGI Americas invested a state-of-the-art Mass Spec service center in its San Jose, California laboratory in 2019 in order to further diversify its multi-omics offerings and bioanalytical solutions. We are committed to advancing genetic research, technologies and applications to benefit the mankind.
If you feel your skills and experience meet the requirements of the job please forward a cover letter, salary history and CV to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
December 31, 2023
2904 Orchard Parkway, San Jose 95112
Nov. 12th, 2022
The BioPacific Conference is the annual flagship event of the CABS. Our mission is to bring scientists, executives, and bio-pharmaceutical professionals from the Pacific Rim countries together to discuss the latest advances in the world of life sciences, the unprecedented challenges and promises facing the industry, and the breath-taking developments and opportunities in Asia/Pacific countries