(Sr.) BD Director
About GenScript ProBio:
GenScript ProBio is the subsidiary of GenScript Biotech Corporation, providing end-to-end CDMO service from drug discovery to commercialization with proactive strategies, professional solutions and efficient processes in Cell and Gene Therapy (CGT), vaccine, biologics discovery and antibody protein drug to accelerate drug development for customers. GenScript ProBio’s total cell and gene therapy solution covers CMC of plasmid and virus for IND filing as well as clinical and commercial manufacturing. In terms of plasmid service, GenScript ProBio has established the largest commercial GMP plasmid manufacturing facility and is the company that supports the most clinical approvals for CGT drugs including mRNA vaccines, CAR-T in China. It also is the first GMP manufacturing platform to provide In-Vitro Transcription (IVT) template linearized plasmids for mRNA vaccines and has supported several mRNA vaccine global enterprises to obtain clinical approvals. In terms of viral vector service, GenScript ProBio has a stable and high-yield viral vector platform.
Position Title: (Sr.) BD Director
Work Location: Remote
Employment Status: Full-time
Reports to: Regional BD Head/Commercial Head
Direct Reports (#/level): N/A
The position will be responsible for identification and assessment of strategic business opportunities, and lead all activities related to evaluating and negotiating BD transactions.
- Conduct and coordinate opportunity assessment, financial justification, due diligence, transaction design, contract negotiation, and completion of the deals, including but not limited to contract manufacturing services, strategic partnership, out-licensing, and co-development
- Create and execute programs for new prospective clients to increase awareness of GenScript’s service offering and key differentiators from our competition
- Provide insights to the scientific requirements for the transaction process and work in close collaboration with internal GenScript stakeholders
- Build and maintain the professional network with external companies and KOLs in biopharma industry
- Responsible to understand the customer’s research/development application and match GenScript services and products to align with the customer’s research/development project requirements
- Remain current on industry trends and information, new product development, legislation, and key advanes in technology
- Provide mentorship and coaching to new team members as needed
- MS degree in life sciences, advanced degree a plus
- At least 5 years of experience in closing BD deals
- Thorough understanding of biopharmaceutical industry and sensitivity to new technology
- Ability to work in the international and multicultural environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced and challenging environment, handle multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines
GenScript ProBio USA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is GenScript ProBio’s policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
GenScript ProBio USA Inc. maintains a drug-free workplace.
July 31, 2023
Nov. 12th, 2022
The BioPacific Conference is the annual flagship event of the CABS. Our mission is to bring scientists, executives, and bio-pharmaceutical professionals from the Pacific Rim countries together to discuss the latest advances in the world of life sciences, the unprecedented challenges and promises facing the industry, and the breath-taking developments and opportunities in Asia/Pacific countries