Hengenix Biotech - A Henlius Company
Senior Director, In Vitro Immuno Biology
Hengenix Biotech, Inc., located in Milpitas, CA, focuses on developing and delivering high-quality, innovative, and affordable medicine to patients worldwide to treat a range of chronic and life-threatening diseases with a focus in immune oncology.
We are seeking an expert in Immunology who is excited to identify and validate new targets as well as test new Antibody formats to join our growing innovation and immune oncology focused team.
This position will report to the VP of Biology and will be responsible for supporting ongoing IND enabling programs as well as the selection and validation of new targets and new Antibody formats to support and develop the Discovery and innovative pipeline.
If you are looking for a place where you can use your innovative skills to impact the strategy of the company, while remaining close to the lab and the science, we would like to hear from you.
You are perfect for this role if you are engaged by and want to be responsible for:
· New target identification, validation, and screening for bioactive molecules
· Responsible for the generation of in vitro data packages to support advancement of projects into development
· Leading a group of talented discovery scientists
· Leadership of Discovery projects through IND enabling studies
· Interacting and collaborating with scientists across all the discovery functions
We would be thrilled if you brought the following with you:
· PhD degree required with core expertise in Immunology and/or antibody therapeutics focusing on Immunology, a minimum of 8 years’ experience including previous industry experience
· Leader of discovery biology with excellent analytic and problem-solving capabilities
· Experience with human in vitro cellular techniques including:
· Primary human cell culture experience working with various Immune cells (NK, T Cells, Monocytes)
· Molecular Biology and/or Bioinformatic techniques for identification of new targets such as Single cell RNA sequencing.
· Expert in multi-parameter flow cytometry including cell separation/sorting
· Experience in functional assays of immune cell function
· Experience in advancing programs from discovery through clinical development
· Must be a creative, organized, strategic, motivated self-starter, capable of driving a portion of the discovery strategy.
· Leading a group of experienced and highly motivated scientist able of collaborating effectively within cross-functional teams
· The position requires excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment
Successful leaders and contributors within Hengenix are:
· Driven. You will be focused on the achievement of Hengenix’ innovation mission and major corporate goals.
· Results-focused. Demonstrated record of exceeding stretch goals, and willing to bring creative problem-solving skills to challenges along the way
· Learner. You will enjoy learning and being involved in the content of our whole business, thriving on a very fast-paced and growing business
· Collaborative. You will have demonstrated the ability to achieve objectives across complex projects and organizational structures
· Process-oriented, yet flexible. You will appreciate and be able to create and drive process, while also recognizing when flexibility is needed.
· Transparent and Articulate. You will have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all stakeholders
· Independent. You will be able to self-organize and operate effectively without significant day-to-day oversight, while staying tightly connected to key leaders and teams across the company
At Hengenix, we celebrate our differences. We value the power of a diverse array of folks who bring all of themselves to their work. We embrace cultural, cognitive, social, and professional diversity because we know the only way we’re going to make new cures possible is by working together.
Career at Hengenix
December 31, 2023
430 N McCarthy Blvd, Milpitas, CA 95035
Nov. 12th, 2022
The BioPacific Conference is the annual flagship event of the CABS. Our mission is to bring scientists, executives, and bio-pharmaceutical professionals from the Pacific Rim countries together to discuss the latest advances in the world of life sciences, the unprecedented challenges and promises facing the industry, and the breath-taking developments and opportunities in Asia/Pacific countries