Regional BD Head, East Region
About GenScript ProBio:
GenScript ProBio is the subsidiary of GenScript Biotech Corporation, providing end-to-end CDMO service from drug discovery to commercialization with proactive strategies, professional solutions and efficient processes in Cell and Gene Therapy (CGT), vaccine, biologics discovery and antibody protein drug to accelerate drug development for customers. GenScript ProBio’s total cell and gene therapy solution covers CMC of plasmid and virus for IND filing as well as clinical and commercial manufacturing. In terms of plasmid service, GenScript ProBio has established the largest commercial GMP plasmid manufacturing facility and is the company that supports the most clinical approvals for CGT drugs including mRNA vaccines, CAR-T in China. It also is the first GMP manufacturing platform to provide In-Vitro Transcription (IVT) template linearized plasmids for mRNA vaccines and has supported several mRNA vaccine global enterprises to obtain clinical approvals. In terms of viral vector service, GenScript ProBio has a stable and high-yield viral vector platform.
Position Title: Regional BD Head, Eastern Region
Work Location: Field-based/East Coast
Employment Status: Full-time
Reports to: Global Commercial Head
Direct Reports (#/level): BD Managers
The position will be responsible for leading sales growth in the identified region.
- Work with Head of US Commercial Department in planning, budgeting and managing designated region.
- Develop and implement effective strategic BD plans and lead the regional BD team to achieve objectives established in the Business Unit’s strategic planning.
- Proactively seek out and target new market, key accounts, customers and new BD opportunities. Develop action plans for team to secure new business.
- Maintain CRM up-to-date and monitor accuracy and completeness of data in designated region.
- Provide leadership in day-to-day operations of designated regional BD team.
- Responsible for hiring, training, developing and motivating team members.
- Monitor performance goals for all team members on a continual basis. Provide coaching and mentoring to team members.
- Develop training programs for the designated regional BD team to improve BD and sales skills.
- Assist in coordinating BD operations with all other departments/divisions of the company.
- Collaborate with Marketing, SM, PM, Production teams to optimize lead generation effort and sales strategies, and provide input to enhance our offerings and services.
- Other responsibilities related to development and improvement of the designated region.
- Minimum of 8 years experiences in direct sales or BD with excellent proven sales/BD track record.
- Previous team management experience is a big plus.
- Proven leadership ability to influence, develop, and empower employees to achieve objectives with a team approach.
- Solid educational background in life sciences. BA/BS a minimum. M.S/Ph.D. a plus.
- Ability to accurately forecast sales within the designated region on a monthly/quarterly/yearly basis.
- Ability to build and maintain strong and long-term relationships with customers at various levels and across differnt functions.
- Spirit to challenge, overcome, foster “can-do” atmosphere, and lead by example.
- Ability to operate effectively and succeed in an international business environment.
GenScript ProBio USA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is GenScript ProBio’s policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
GenScript ProBio USA Inc. maintains a drug-free workplace.
July 31, 2023
Nov. 12th, 2022
The BioPacific Conference is the annual flagship event of the CABS. Our mission is to bring scientists, executives, and bio-pharmaceutical professionals from the Pacific Rim countries together to discuss the latest advances in the world of life sciences, the unprecedented challenges and promises facing the industry, and the breath-taking developments and opportunities in Asia/Pacific countries